Since a large percenetage of my readers coming from social networks and bookmarking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, I handle anything related to sharing with delicate care.
While my blog was on blogger, I used to use some social sharing buttons to enable readers share my content on the social media.
Today, my blog is no more on Blogger but on WordPress(am enjoying it though 🙂 ). I use a plugin called AddToAny to provide various and assorted social sharing buttons on my blog. AddToAny enables you to add share buttons for major bookmark and social network sites.
Problem is: I didn’t like some of the share buttons in the AddToAny plugin, precisely the Facebook share button which appears rather too small and does not look like share button as such.
So, I wanted to add my own customized Facebook share button in the AddToAny plugin.
Adding Customized Share Buttons On AddToAny
Firstly, if you are not using the plugin already, install and activate the AddToAny WordPress plugin by Lockerz. Go to the settings page in your WordPress dashboard to setup the plugin. View your blog to make sure the share buttons are displaying.
How To Add Customized Share Buttons To AddToAny
Method #1: The Easy Method
1. Login to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Go to Plugins> Share Buttons by Lockerz / AddToAny> Edit>add-to-any/
3. Find the code $kit_html .= ADDTOANY_SHARE_SAVE_BUTTON($args);.
4. Replace the code $kit_html .= ADDTOANY_SHARE_SAVE_BUTTON($args); with $kit_html .= ADDTOANY_SHARE_SAVE_BUTTON($args).’YOUR BUTTON CODE HERE’;.
For example, if you want to display the custom Facebook share button:
5. After your changes, click on Update File to save your Changes.
Method #2: The Sweet Method
1. Access your WordPress files by FTP client or control panel’s file manager.
2. Navigate to /wp-content/plugins/add-to-any/add- to-any.php
3. Edit the file add- to-any.php. Find the code $kit_html .= ADDTOANY_SHARE_SAVE_BUTTON($args);.
4. Replace $kit_html .= ADDTOANY_SHARE_SAVE_BUTTON($args); with $kit_html .= ADDTOANY_SHARE_SAVE_BUTTON($args).’YOUR BUTTON CODE HERE’;.
5. Save your Changes.
View your blog posts to see if the new buttons appear, it should 🙂 Cheers!
Note: If your share button codes uses ‘ , replace with “ to avoid PHP synthax errors.