When we clean the laptop, it helps it last longer. Some of the parts of the laptop eg the keyboard can accommodate a whole lot of germs. These germs mainly stays in surfaces that we frequently touch.
Cleaning your screen and keyboard will make it much easier to get your work done and also extend the life spam of your laptop.
The following steps guides you on how to clean your keyboard and LCD screen
For your Keyboard
- Turn off the laptop and disconnect the battery.
- Open the laptop.
- Turn the laptop upside down and gently tap it to get rid of any loose crumbs.
- Spray some canned air on the keyboard. This will loosen some of the gunk that’s stuck in between the keys.
- Put the laptop on a flat surface and vacuum the keyboard with a small brush attachment.
- Dampen some cotton swabs with rubbing alcohol, and wipe them over and in between the keys (if possible). Make sure the swabs are just damp, and not wet.
For your LCD
- Spray your screen with canned air or blow out with hand fan to remove any surface dust.
- Make a solution of equal parts white vinegar (optional) and distilled water.
- Spray the vinegar solution on a soft rag, and gently wipe the screen,don’t allow the rag to be too wet.
For your Mouse
- Spray your rag with some of your vinegar solution and wipe off.
- Turn your mouse over, and wipe down the bottom.