One of most basic ways to share files and other resources with another computer in your office is via a direct cable connection. Connecting two computers together makes it easier to share files between them and also edit the files if necessary.
Note:You will need to provide a good and working Ethernet cable. Also check if the two selected computers supports Ethernet cable.
Follow the steps below to connect two computers using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug one end of the cable into the Ethernet port on the first computer.
- Plug the other end into the second computer.
- Log into one of the computers and open Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet option from the Control Panel.
- Select Network and Sharing Centre.
- Click on Change advanced sharing settings on the top-left part of the screen
- Click on Turn on file and printer sharing option below the File and Printer sharing.
- Click on Save Changes.