Different steps and methods that will help you connect your PC to your TV are listed below.
- Connect your PC to your TV with a male-to-male HDMI cable. The HDMI port on the computer and the HDMI port on the TV will be exactly the same and the HDMI cable should have the same connector on both ends.
- Change the input of the TV. Using the buttons on the TV or using the TV remote, press the Input button to change the input of the TV to HDMI.
- Right-click on the desktop and select Display Settings. This display settings menu will be opened.
- Click Detect. This tells the computer to look for the TV you connected.
- Click Identify. This will show a label on each screen so you will know which number has been assigned to your computer monitor, and what number has been assigned to your TV (“1” being the main display and “2” being the secondary display).
- Click the “Multiple displays” drop-down box and select an option. This will give you a few options for how you want to show your computer on your TV. The options are:
.Duplicate these displays. This will mirror exactly what is on your computer screen on the TV.
.Extend these displays. This will make your TV an extended part of your desktop.
.Show only on 1. This will turn off display number 2.
.Show only on 2. This will turn off display number 1.
7. Click Apply. This will change the display settings and apply them to your computer monitor and TV.
- You can further customize each display by clicking on its numbered square and then selecting Advanced display settings. You can also drag and rearrange the squares to change the orientation of the two displays.
- Enable Wi-Fi mode on the TV.
- Connect the TV to your Wi-Fi network. This must be the same Wi-Fi network that your computer is connected to.
- Right-click on the desktop and click Display settings.
- Click the “Multiple displays” drop-down box and select Duplicate this display.
- Click Apply.
- Open Start then click . This will open the main Windows settings.
- Click Devices then click Connected Devices.
- Click Add a device. Windows will begin searching for connected devices on the network.
- Select your TV when it appears. Windows will automatically connect to your TV.