We lock the computer to safeguard it and restrict unwanted users from gaining access to it when we are away.
Note:that locking your computer requires a password.
Generally, you can lock your computer by;
- Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete at the same time.Then click Lock on the menu that pops up.
- Hitting the Windows key and the L key on your keyboard.The computer automatically locks itself.
Read the following steps below to know how to lock your computer depending on your Windows.
Locking your computer in Windows 7
- Click the Start menu.
- Click the arrow button next to the shutdown button.
- Then Click Lock.
Locking your computer in Windows 8
- Go to the Start button.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the Start screen.
- Click Lock.
Locking your computer in Windows 10
- Click the Start button.
- Click the user icon and choose Lock in the menu.