It is very common to see public places like malls, cafes,offices that offers free WiFi to their customers.Which you can view their passwords easily if you are with laptop but is a kind of difficult for smartphones to access the codes.
People who are interested in using the WiFi but find it difficult may ask the staff but it is faster to retrieve the passwords from the smartphone if you can.
Therefore, this program will also teach and guide you on how to recover WiFi passwords for networks which you have used in the past.
How To View Saved Passwords on iOS Devices
Steps in Viewing saved passwords on iOS devices include:
- Install Network list from Cydia
- Head to WiFi settings and tap on the Network Password icon. If your device runs on iOS 7, tap known Networks to see all the networks saved on the device
- In this area, you will be able to view the passwords, but you cannot copy and paste the text message.
How To View Saved Passwords on Android Devices
You can use Explorer for Android since we cannot work with the reinstalled file explorer.
The steps include:
- Launch the app, scroll to a root folder in your file explorer and take the directory titled data
- Tap the data directory, scroll to the data/misc/WiFi folder,tap and choose the Wpa_supplicant.conf file. we advise you perform this task with File Explorer on board text/HTML viewer.
- At this point, you should be able to view the network SSID and their password. Search for SSID (network name) and copy or write down the name of the password beside it.
- Do not edit the file as it might affect the WiFi connectivity.
Please take note that jailbreak or rooting might cause device instability and prevent you from receiving security updates. However with the above listed steps you can view saved WiFi passwords on your Android or iOS.