Why your Adsense ads are not displaying on Opera Mini

Recently, I started paying closer attention to my websites’ appearance and performance on mobile phones, thanks to Google’s new mobile compatibility policy. During the course of this, I noticed that some of my ad placements were not showing up on some mobile phones and this was most peculiar to Opera Mini, one of the most popular mobile browsing apps.

To find a solution to this, I created a couple of new ad units and replaced the old ones with them. This didn’t solve the issue but one thing I did did.

How my Adsense ads started showing on Opera Mini

Why your Adsense ads are not displaying on Opera Mini Webmaster

I generated new ad codes from the existing ad units. While doing this, I didn’t select the Asynchronous type but rather chose Synchronous as the Code type. The ads started turning up once I added them to my site’s source code:

Why your Adsense ads are not displaying on Opera Mini Webmaster

Thanks to this simple hack, I’ll no longer be loosing a substantial part of my Adsense revenue and I no longer have that weird  blank space on my website again.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *